June 15, 2020
At Family Physiotherapy Clinic, your health and well-being is our top priority.
The Manitoba Public Health Officer has advised us that on Monday, June 1 our Clinic may resume our usual schedule, providing care for everyone. Issues big or small, we see them all!
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our Clinic in addition to extra steps we are taking in light of COVID-19.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Family Physiotherapy Clinic include:
- Our Clinic has 5 individual treament rooms and a 1:1 treatment model
- All of our linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent on high heat
- Wiping down all treatment tables and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our clinics are fully equipped with hand washing stations and hand sanitizer
- Cleaning high-touch areas with medical grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools)
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Scheduling more time between each patient so only a few people are in the Clinic at a time
- Patients are taken to the treatment room immediately, so there is minimal time in the reception area
- Reception area chairs are 2 meters apart
- Additional training to our staff on increased sanitization/hand washing
- Advising our staff to stay home if they are feeling unwell
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- Therapists wear hospital grade masks and eye protection
We know that the COVID-19 situation is serious and evolving. At Family Physiotherapy Clinic, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Wash their hands as soon as they enter the Clinic, or use hand sanitizer in the reception area
- Cancel appointments if they:
- have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing
- have travelled outside Manitoba in the previous 14 days. Going to your cottage just outside of Manitoba is an exception, and you may attend as long as you are well.
- have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
At Family Physiotherapy Clinic, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with you to create a healthy and safe environment.
The team @ Family Physiotherapy Clinic