November 10, 2020
At Family Physiotherapy Clinic, your health and well-being is our top priority.
CODE RED is in place under the current Manitoba Health Order.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES IN THE CLINIC.
When you enter the Clinic, you will be asked COVID-19 screening questions to ensure it is safe for you to be at the Clinic. You will then be taken immediately to a private treatment room.
Physiotherapists, Massage Therapists, and Staff wear medical grade masks and eye protection.
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our Clinic in addition to extra steps we are taking in light of COVID-19.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Family Physiotherapy Clinic include:
- Our Clinic has 5 individual treament rooms and a 1:1 treatment model
- All of our linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent on high heat
- Wiping down all treatment tables and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our clinic is fully equipped with hand washing stations and hand sanitizer
- Cleaning high-touch areas with medical grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools)
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- All scheduled patients receive a screening email to ensure they are safe to attend the Clinic.
- All people socially distance by staying 2 meters apart.
- Scheduling more time between each patient so social distancing is respected.
- Patients are taken to the treatment room immediately, so there is minimal time in the reception area
- Additional training to our staff on increased sanitization/hand washing/PPE use
- Staff stay home if they are feeling unwell or are required to self-isolate.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- Therapists wear hospital grade masks and eye protection
We know that the COVID-19 situation is serious and evolving. At Family Physiotherapy Clinic, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Wash their hands as soon as they enter the Clinic, or use hand sanitizer in the reception area
- Cancel appointments if they:
- have any signs of illness.
- have travelled outside Manitoba (exceptions: NW Ontario, Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC)
- have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
At Family Physiotherapy Clinic, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with you to create a healthy and safe environment.
The team @ Family Physiotherapy Clinic